This professional will be a core member of Investure’s Manager Selection team and will work to identify, evaluate, select, structure, and monitor investments globally across a range of asset classes and opportunity sets. Investure operates with a long term, ownership-oriented, fundamental investment philosophy, and this person will contribute to the execution of that philosophy through a combination of (i) creating and sourcing investment opportunities, (ii) underwriting and executing due diligence, (iii) monitoring existing investments and portfolio exposures, and (iv) contributing across the functions of the investment team and the organization at large.
Candidates must be innately curious, self-catalyzing, and open-minded. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic, a passion for investing, the ability to execute with a balance of creativity and discipline, and the ability to lead and network effectively. Cultural fit, humility, and maturity are imperative. This professional must be able to travel frequently even on short notice.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
Source and maintain investment manager relationships and identify/create investment opportunities:
- Build relationships outside Investure’s current network;
- Identify and study areas of potential opportunity and/or market turbulence;
- Track and build relationships with managers and comparable organizations previously identified.
Diligence investment managers and opportunities:
- Independently analyze markets, investment strategies, and potential investment ideas;
- Lead an investment idea from sourcing through closing and ultimate realization;
- Develop and communicate investment thesis tenets, key risks, and underpinning analyses;
- Vet a manager’s investment process and key employees;
- Analyze and decompose prior returns and track record;
- Complete diligence calls and meetings;
- Structure, model, evaluate, and negotiate term, fee, governance, and liquidity structures and/or changes in investment terms;
- Review and record all due diligence materials;
- Formulate and present investment ideas and analysis to the Investment Team and CIO;
- Write investment memorandum for internal and external distribution.
Portfolio Monitoring and Reporting:
- Track and evaluate significant portfolio developments and evolution;
- Monitor and engage with existing investment partnerships;
- Collaborate with operations and legal teams to evaluate and process legal amendments;
- Contribute to the development of client analyses, communications, and presentations as necessary;
- Assist with ad hoc investment research and investment-related projects as needed;
- Extensive travel is required.
Responsibilities will ultimately be commensurate with the professional’s experience and demonstrated faculties and judgment.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; finance, math or business degree preferred; MBA and/or CFA a plus;
- At least five years of finance or investment experience required, including due diligence and underwriting experience;
- Familiarity with investment legal documentation and negotiations;
- Excellent quantitative aptitude and the ability to think abstractly;
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism;
- Able to lead or support an investment process from start to finish;
- Experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.