This professional will be a core member of Investure’s Portfolio Management team. The primary responsibility of this professional is to monitor market opportunities and help manage the market instruments in our client and fund portfolios, including evaluating risk/reward, proposing changes, rebalancing, and coordinating with market counterparties. Management of these instruments and portfolios will be done directly or in collaboration with the CIO and Manager Selection Team. In addition, this position is responsible for helping lead and build the day-to-day quantitative portfolio analysis and internal reporting on market and private investments, including for risk management purposes, working with other internal Investure teams to implement this analysis and reporting in an automated fashion.
Candidates must be innately curious, self-catalyzing, and open-minded. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic, a passion for markets and asset allocation, and the ability to execute with discipline, analytical rigor, and attention to process. They must have a broad world view and skill set including an understanding of macroeconomics, fixed income and derivatives markets, and modeling/research skills. Understanding of market convention and operational complexity across a wide range of instruments is a must. Cultural fit, humility, patience, and maturity are imperative.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and track existing investments and client portfolios; oversee client cash and a variety of exposures per CIO’s predetermined thresholds
- Collaborate with the CIO on client liquidity planning and provide oversight of client liquidity across and within portfolios; direct the process for all client-related month-end transactions
- Manage client fixed income portfolios to benchmarks while staying within risk guidelines
- Monitor markets, initiate, and evaluate possible strategies to use to enhance or protect client returns, including overlays, hedging, and efficient market exposure
- Monitor and manage portfolio risk, including market, liquidity, counterparty, etc.; lead the design of analysis for monitoring these risks across portfolios; Work with the Reporting & Analytics Team to implement the analysis for use by the CIO and broader investment team
- Manage all trading positions and relationships for all client and fund portfolios;
- Oversee outsourced execution managers and interface with other market counterparties; coordinate on operational aspects of trading activity with Investure’s back office
- Coordinate with back-office personnel on any trading and/or performance reporting related requests or issues; Lead best execution committee discussions related to trading activities
- Collaborate with Client Team on presentation preparation related to markets, asset allocation, and portfolio risk
Responsibilities will ultimately be commensurate with the professional’s experience and demonstrated faculties and judgment.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; finance, math, business or technical degree preferred; MBA or CFA a plus
- 5-10+ years professional work experience in direct portfolio management with deep exposure and experience with fixed income and derivatives. Credit experience is a plus
- Excellent quantitative aptitude and the ability to think abstractly
- Proficient using standard office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Must be proficient in Excel modeling and exceptional analytically
- Must be a quick learner, process-oriented, with excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional work ethic; team player with strong communication skills
- Experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team